Can customers trust you and your business? Building and nurturing customer trust is one of the keys to success for any franchise or business. Here are 7 quick tips about how to build customer trust in your business by Denise O’Berry via her video series, “The Little Big Show” which you can see on YouTube here.
- “Go the extra mile” – under-promise and over-deliver, show customers how reliable you are. Actions speak louder than words when it comes to trust.
- “Provide spectacular customer service every time.” One way to make sure your franchise or business team is performing as you want them to, is to ask a friend or colleague to “mystery shop” your business and report back to you what he or she observed.
- “Make sure your front office and back office match,” with employees in both parts of the business telling customers the same thing.
- “Manage customer relationships.” “Return customers cost you the least amount of effort – use that to your advantage.”
- “Communicate – communicate – communicate” with your customers and your employees. Nurture those relationships with frequent communications using multiple media and contacts, and ask for feedback.
- “Take responsibility.” Don’t pass the buck. If you personally can’t handle a customer issue, make sure you pass it off gracefully to someone who can.
- “Meet commitments.” Commitments guarantee that something is going to get done. Manage customer expectations, and make commitments you can keep.